Facilitator | Cynthia Shirey
Reformation Lutheran Church helps to meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of our congregation and community with a Health and Healing Ministry. Our mission is:
- Reclaiming an old tradition of the church, to go out and preach the kingdom of God and to heal. (Luke 9:2)
- Recognizing that the mission of the church community is to proclaim God’s desire that we achieve abundant life.
- Reaffirming and supporting the journey toward wholeness in the relationship of body, mind, and spirit.
What is health ministry?
A health ministry focuses on promoting the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. It recognizes that health involves the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. It is motivated by knowing that when people are well, they are able to live out God’s calling for their lives to a fuller extent. The focus is on healing. Love and healing are always possible, even if a cure is not.
The Health Ministry Team advises and works in conjunction with the pastoral staff and serves as a resource to other groups within Reformation. Reformation’s Health Ministry consists of members who are committed to Christ and are interested in wellness.
What does the health ministry do?
Health Ministry promotes wellness by supporting the following:
- Health education and promotion
- Blood drives
- Blood pressure screenings
- AED Training
- Health articles
- Health care directives
- Exercise opportunities
- Information and referrals
FOR MORE INFORMATION – Contact Cynthia Shirey, RN, RMT, CCH Parish Administrator (610-779-0534)